Monday, July 13, 2009

Officiant | Re-sized...again

Officiant
Today we finally got around to calling Pastor Don to see if would be willing (and available) to perform our wedding ceremony. Thankfully, he was willing and still available on the date we wanted. We really wanted a pastor who knows both of us. We had been meaning to do this last week, but we just got so busy that wedding planning was temporarily put on hold. But we're back at it again.

We'll do pre-marital counseling with him too. I've heard it's highly recommended plus it saves you (Desmond) some money on the marriage license. But we really wanted to do it anyway. Open communication is always a good thing. We are looking forward to it when the time comes (but right now, we don't know when that will start).

Re-sized!
We took my engagement ring to be re-sized...again. I had to get it re-sized from a 7.5 to a 7 when we first got engaged. But don't blame Desmond. He got my ring size from Meagan. And don't blame Meagan. She got my ring size from me...back in the day, so it was still a surprise (you know, girly conversations...stuff like that comes up). So I blame my finger. It shrunk apparently.

Anyway, I'd had my size 7 ring for about a week and a half. But, I've noticed it still feels pretty loose most of the time. It gets looser at night, and so loose when I wash dishes or wash my hands that I'm afraid it will fall off. I really, really don't want that to happen, so Desmond and I took the ring back to the store today to get it sized down again! We're trying a 6 1/2. I tried on the sizing rings they have in the store, and it seemed to fit better. It won't be ready until Thursday though, so I'll be several days without it. Just when I was getting used to it...

But yes, I'm back on the planning. I added a countdown gadget to the blog. The day is correct, but the time isn't because blogger didn't let me edit the time, only the date. Oh well. You get the idea, I'm sure. I bought another book and a couple of magazines today. I'm starting to tear pictures out of things I like. I'm still feeling pretty overwhelmed. Too many choices!!! I'm just trying to stay focused on enjoying the whole process. I'm trying so hard not to be stressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment