Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wedding Bands | Dress Shopping

Wedding Bands
Desmond and I bought our wedding bands today! I'm so very excited! It was our first big wedding purchase. Last week we were on vacation with my family in Florida, and we did a little ring shopping down there. I was getting pretty discouraged, thinking I'd have to drastically change some part of my engagement ring so it would fit a diamond prong set wedding band. My engagement ring is set lower than most so it won't get caught on things when you're wearing it and such (Desmond knows me so well). And I love it like that. But every place we went to basically said, "Sorry, not gonna work." So yesterday we went to the place in Asheville where Desmond got my engagement ring. I just love them there! They were super helpful. They helped us find the exact rings we wanted at an amazing price! Desmond's is a simple 6mm white gold pipe cut ring. Mine has little round diamonds in a pronged set and two baguettes (which add some character). They even said they could simply adjust a prong on my engagement ring so the two rings are flush. We found them yesterday, but we wanted a night to sleep on it. Today we decided for sure that those were the ones and we snatched them up! I'm so excited!!!

Even More Dress Shopping
On Tuesday, Desmond's mom took the day off work and we went shopping for a wedding dress together! It was so much fun! They only have two stores in Asheville area, so we headed to Greenville, SC, which is only an hour away. We went to 5 different shops and I tried on about 12 different dresses. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but it was. Believe me.

I did find a dress I like! But I really didn't like the place or people we dealt with too much. They kept their dresses very non-descript. Most places will let you take a picture of the dress--they didn't. They even cut the original designer's label out of the dress and added their own. I don't know. That just doesn't set right with me. I understand that they want you to actually buy the dress you want there, but it just doesn't seem right to remove the designer's label! I'm planning to go to Atlanta this next week. I might still get the dress from the place in Greenville--it was a great dress. Everything I wanted. But the place didn't feel right. So I'm going to keep looking.


Well, I'm going to try to post more frequently! Things have been a little crazy here. A lot of decisions, coming up really soon!

1 comment:

  1. thats so weird that they cut the labels out. when I was dress shopping with my sister she found a dress she loved but we didn't really like the shop so she went to a different shop, told them what dress she liked, and they ordered it! Plus she got a better price there.

    Good luck with dress shopping, its tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete